Thank you to everyone who entered for a chance to win the Ultimate WorldPride Package. We can't wait to see you at WorldPride 2014 and celebrate with you all year-round.
Celebrate in style with the TD First Class Visa Infinite Card and enjoy earning TD Points that never expire. Learn more
Earn more TD Points when you book travel online through Expedia For TD using your TD Travel Credit Card. Learn more
TD is proud to serve and celebrate Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender communities and their Allies (LGBTA). Come celebrate with us at all our TD Pride events.See all TD events
1) CONTEST PERIOD : The "Ultimate WorldPride Package" Contest (the "Contest") ends at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on Friday, September 6, 2013 ("Contest End Date"). The Sponsor of the Contest is The Toronto-Dominion Bank ("TD").
2) ELIGIBILITY : The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who are of the age of majority in their Province/Territory of residence at the time of entry into the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of The Toronto-Dominion Bank or its subsidiaries and affiliates, or of its advertising and promotion agencies or their subsidiaries and affiliates, are not eligible to win, nor is any person with whom any such employee, agent or representative is domiciled.
3) HOW TO PARTICIPATE : "Entrant" means the person who is the "Authorized Account Holder" of the phone number submitted at the time of entry on the Contest microsite located at www.TDUltimatePride.ca.
No Purchase is Necessary .
(A) Before the Contest End Date, an Entrant must complete and submit an entry found on the Microsite. All entries must include your first and last name, province or territory of residence and telephone number. Then, by clicking on the "Submit" button, this action will generate one (1) entry into the Contest, more specifically, into one (1) of three (3) Region Pools based on the Entrant's province of residence. Entries into the Contest in this manner are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Entrant and/or phone number for the duration of the Contest.
(B) If you are on the Contest Microsite, you may follow the onscreen instructions to "Connect with Twitter" and tweet the message, "I want to win @TD_Canada’s Ultimate WorldPride Package! Enter the contest now TDUltimatePride.ca" to your Twitter feed. This action will generate one (1) additional entry into the Contest, more specifically, into one (1) of three (3) Region Pools based on the Entrant's province of residence. Entries into the Contest in this manner are limited to a maximum of one (1) per Entrant and/or phone number for the duration of the Contest.
4) PRIZES: There are three (3) prize packages ("Prizes") available to be won, on the basis of one (1) Prize for each of three (3) Regions, specifically, a) Western (BC, AB, SK, MB,YT, NU, NT), b) Central (ON), and c) Eastern (QC, NS, NB, NL, PE). Each Prize consists of a Travel portion and a VIP portion, as follows:
A. Travel portion :
i) Round trip business-class airfare (if available) for two (2) between the nearest international airport to the winner's home and Toronto, Ontario;
ii) Four (4) nights/five (5) days luxurious accommodation, double occupancy, at a hotel in Toronto;
iii) Round trip ground transportation between airport and hotel in Toronto; and,
iv) One Thousand Canadian dollars (CDN$1,000).
B. VIP portion:
i) Admittance for two (2) to the TD VIP area along the WorldPride 2014 parade route:
ii) Two (2) tickets to a TD-sponsored concert; and,
iii) Food and beverage tickets to several WorldPride 2014 events.
The approximate retail value of these Prizes will vary based on city of departure, and accommodation. The approximate retail value of the Western Prize is Six Thousand Six Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN $6600) and is based on a Vancouver, BC departure. The approximate retail value of the Central Prize is Five Thousand Six Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN $5600) and is based on a Thunder Bay, ON departure. The approximate retail value of the Eastern Prize is Six Thousand Six Hundred Canadian dollars (CDN $6600) and is based on a St. Johns, NL departure.
NOTE: Winner and guest must travel between June 26th and June 30th, 2014 . If the winner resides within 300 kilometers of Toronto, the Sponsors will not award air transportation and the winner will be solely responsible for their own transportation (and no additional compensation or substitution will be awarded for the difference in prize value). All airfare will be round-trip for two (2) on an airline selected by the Sponsor from the international airport closest to the winner's place of residence to the Prize destination. All airfare will be business class where aircraft permits. All hotel accommodation will be based on double occupancy.
The following also applies to the Prizes: Some limitations such as ticket availability and blackout dates may apply. Any expenses not expressly set out above as being included in the Prize (including, but not limited to taxes, surcharges, meals, travel insurance, health insurance, gratuities, in-room movies, taxis, transportation to and from the winner's home and the major international airport nearest his/her Canadian residence, and in-destination activities) are the sole responsibility of the winner and/or his/her guest. All travel documents satisfactory to the applicable transportation authorities are the sole responsibility of the winner and/or his/her guest. All travelers will be required to execute a Declaration and Release in favour of The Toronto-Dominion Bank prior to departure. The winner and his/her guest must depart from and return to the same Canadian airport. The winner and his/her guest must be able to travel at the same times or forfeit the Prize. All tickets issued in conjunction with the Prizes are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code-share flights may be used.
Should any winner and/or his/her guest not be able to physically attend in Toronto for any reason for purposes of realizing any component of their Prize, the winner agrees that his/her entire Prize will be automatically forfeited. This includes but is not limited to the winner and/or his/her guest needing to cancel their travel plans for any reason whatsoever at any time. The Sponsor will not offer or provide trip cancellation insurance coverage.
Only one Prize will be awarded per winner and no substitutions, cash equivalents or redemption's will be made, except that TD reserves the right to substitute any Prize or any portion of any Prize, if necessary, at their sole discretion. The substitute Prize will be of equal or greater value in the event that the advertised Prize (or any component thereof) is not available. Travel arrangements and reservations regarding the flight must be made according to instructions given to the Contest winner. Once reservations are made, they cannot be changed. Other restrictions may apply. The Sponsors will not be responsible for the acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, or any other natural disaster or cause outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the WorldPride 2014 celebrations.
5) DRAW DATE: Three (3) random draws will be held in Toronto, Ontario at 3:00 p.m. ET on Friday, September 13, 2013 (the "Draw Date", one from each of the entries in each of the three (3) Regions. The odds of being selected depend on the number of eligible entries received in each Region.
6) PRIZE AWARDING: If you are selected as a potential winner, you will be provided with specific instructions on what you are required to do in order to claim your Prize. The Prize will be awarded only upon verification and final approval by the Sponsor. No correspondence will be entered into with Entrants except with the selected Entrants.
Attempts will be made to contact each selected Entrant at the telephone number listed on the entry, between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. ET for a period of seven (7) business days following the Draw Date. If the selected Entrant cannot be contacted within the allotted time, the Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another eligible Entrant for the Prize. In order to be declared an official winner, the selected Entrant must correctly answer a skill-testing mathematical question without mechanical or other assistance. The selected Entrant will be required to complete, sign and return a Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days of receipt. If the selected Entrant fails to complete, sign and return the Declaration and Release Form within seven (7) days and/or provides an incorrect answer to the skill-testing mathematical question, that Sponsor will void the entry and the Entrant will forfeit any right to the Prize. By completing, signing and returning the Declaration and Release Form, the Entrant (i) confirms compliance with these Contest Rules, (ii) releases and forever discharges the Sponsor, its advertising and promotional agencies, and their respective affiliated companies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and agents from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of his/her participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance or use of the Prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor, at its option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant's name, city/province of residence, photograph, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or its advertising agencies.
7) CONTEST GENERAL RULES: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to abide by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are final. The Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, invalid, illegible, delayed, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries/prize claims. All entries/prize claims become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsor shall in no way bear any liability whatsoever regarding the Prizes. In no event shall the Sponsor be liable for any special, incidental, consequential, indirect or punitive damages arising out of or in connection with this Contest and/or the Prizes, however arising, including negligence.
8) APPLICABLE LAWS: This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Except where prohibited by law, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the Entrant and the Sponsor in connection with the Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction's laws.
9) DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, including but not limited to acting in violation of these official Rules; attempting to participate in the Contest more than the maximum number of times allowed; to be acting with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Contest; as determined by the Sponsor will be disqualified. The discovery of any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods to participate in the Contest will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same in the Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the event any portion of this Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor, which, in the sole and absolute opinion of the Sponsor, corrupts, or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, subject to the consent of the Régie, to suspend or terminate this Contest. Further, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify, amend or suspend the Contest and/or the Contest Rules in any way at any time for any reason, subject to the consent of the Régie without prior notice or compensation.
10) QUEBEC RESIDENTS: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping parties reach a settlement.
11) REST OF CANADA: For residents of all other Provinces/Territories outside Quebec, any litigation must be commenced in the City of Toronto, Ontario.
12) PRIVACY: By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you between MBC Marketing Inc., The Farm Inc. and TD for the sole purpose of administering this Contest.